Pages

Thursday 19 December 2013

Start again!

Do you know that moment where you want to start drawing but you just can’t? I was at that moment March 2013. To overcome this problem I decided to draw what was close to me or what was literally near to me.
The orchids on my windowsill were about to bloom so I tried drawing these. I love flowers but never took the time to draw them, I thought it would bore me. From the moment I started those first lines I was hooked, I couldn’t stop!
The idea to draw the orchids throughout their blooming period came to mind. Orchids tend to bloom for very long periods of time so next to orchids I started to draw tulips, sunflowers, hollyhocks…
Doing this I noticed that I enjoyed one moment most: when a flower starts to dry out, becomes translucent in a way and takes on a whole different persona.

No comments:

Post a Comment