Pages

Friday 24 January 2014

Dear diary (1)

This year (2014) I have some big changes planned, new beginnings and also endings.
First change started October 2013. I decided to quit at the artmarket Art Plein Spui Amsterdam. Saying that sales were not that great is an understatement. Especially since the crisis set in.
Next to that I noticed that I was producing for the market instead of enjoying my art.
In a way having a spot at the artmarket is safe. You have your spot, are surrounded by nice people who do the same thing as you do and nothing is making you go out there and find better things.
So that’s what I’m setting out to do this year, going out there and find better things! 

First plan was to start a blog and (this time) keep adding updates. My goal is 3 times a week. So here it is, my blog. Not finished yet, still tweaking lots and lots but there’s content. Now for some readers!
Next in line is my website. It’s terribly outdated so that’s my next project.

But what’s after that? I’m having trouble with setting priorities. Where to start and what do I want exactly?

I want to have exhibitions again. I want to look into my childhood dream and illustrate. I want to enjoy making art like when I was a child.
How to achieve all this? That's partly what this blog is about, finding out and pushing myself to make plans work!


3 comments: