Pages

Thursday 27 March 2014

Books I'm reading (2)

A month ago I posted a blog about art related books I was reading. I want to continue that item but then I realized something. Next to ‘normal’ books with just letters and the occasional illustrative picture I also read comic books or, as the French would say, la bande dessinée.
‘Comic books?’ you might wonder. Don’t worry, I’m still on topic. Because did you know there are a lot of these about artists? Artists like Rembrandt van Rijn, Vincent van Gogh, Egon Schiele and much more!
The picture below shows just the ones that I have, there are lots and lots more!
So here’s a fun idea. I will read these (again) and try to get my hands on the others I know of and let you know what they are like. And my next blog will truly be about SoftCut.


On the pic below starting with title, then artist and publisher. Note that these are all Dutch versions:
Pablo 1, 2, Julie Birmant & Clément Oubrerie, Blloan.
Egon Schiele, Xavier Coste, Casterman.
Typex’ Rembrandt, Typex, Oog & Blik I Bezige Bij.
Vincent & Van Gogh, Gradimir Smudja, Silvester.
Gauguin, Gaultier & Le Roy, Le Lombard.
Munch, Steffen Kverneland, Oog & Blik I Bezige Bij.
Het Kunstbordeel (Henri de Toulouse-Loutrec) 1, 2, 3, 4, Gradimir Smudja, Silvester


No comments:

Post a Comment