Pages

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Dear Diary (4)

Starting this blog I intended to share all my highs & lows that I would encounter in my art adventures but as it turned out I didn’t. For the last 7 months it has been nothing but tumbleweed here.
For me art or the act of making is very personal. When I don’t function properly, the making doesn’t work properly. For some mysterious reason I didn’t have the energy to do anything. As it turned out I was having a burn-out. The making had slowed down and for a short period it even stopped. After the diagnose I continued working at my paid job but 2 months later I also needed to press pause on that front and I ended up losing that job. 
 
I’m doing better now but a lot has changed. No job (yet) and I had to give up my shared studio at Retort.
Having a burn-out, losing my job and studio have inspired me to really take a good look at myself and made me think and realise what I really want. What I want is to continue being an artist, make money with my art and art related activities!
This April I rearranged my home so I can use that as my studio and maybe even as a space to teach. Who needs a proper livingroom when most of your living consists of drawing?!
See you next week!


Something I'm working on (sorry, not a great pic)


2 comments:

  1. Fijn je weer op deze plek te lezen, het voelt dichtbij. Volgende week, same time samen place ;-)

    ReplyDelete