Pages

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Experiment (3)

Just realized I didn’t tell you about experiment # 3: claybord by Ampersand. I had big hopes for this one because on the leaflet that comes with the claybord it says: ‘absorbent (…), perfect for inks, gouache, egg tempera, pencil (…)’ so I thought it would be perfect for my ink and pencil combination.
When I got it out of the wrapping the surface felt smooth. I wondered how this was going to absorb and hold watery materials. Well, it didn’t.
To save the mess I tried to sand the surface and that helped a little but didn’t give the results that I was hoping for. So as for Ampersand surfaces I’ll stick to the aquabord.
For the drawing below I used Derwent Inktensepencils, Lukas Illucolor Pigmented ink and it is done on Ampersand aquabord.


No comments:

Post a Comment