Pages

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Rorschach for Doodlers

About a month ago I stumbled upon the article ‘Rorschach Test for Doodlers’ on the website ‘Doodlers Anonymous’. The idea is simple, just spatter some ink or paint between your sketchbook pages, close it, rub it a bit and open to admire the spatter result. Most of the time your mind will turn these spots into bats, butterflies etc. The challenge is take it a step further.
So I tried and I liked doing these pages so much that for the last couple of weeks I start all my drawing days like this! Not having any control on what will happen on the pages suits me perfectly.
Here's one I did recently:
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Well that's an interesting approach... Has it opened up new directions for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I start all my studiodays with these types of drawings. It gets things flowing but I guess it's possible it will lead to work outside of the sketchbook too :)

      Delete
    2. Sounds good. Today I have trouble starting working on a big article. Sometimes, writing a blogpost works to get the creative juices flowing. But sometimes a walk in the parc works just as well.

      Delete